In fact, it began with the last dike burst of March 5, 1855, now 160 years ago. Until then, it was regularly hit. Therefore, it was decided to shift the dike, and between the Nude Gate and the dike was a park with thistle camp and duck pond. The population increased in Wageningen and twenty years later a group led by notary Hondius met and saw in this field, the opportunity for urban expansion. New Wageningen started with 6 detached villas, Villa Arion was one of them. Doctor Theodorus Niemeijer here decades has had its general practice. He meant a lot for Wageningen, brought hygiene and health insurance patients not treated. Until after World War II, he remained active. So naturally he became an honorary citizen. At the age of 91 he was deceased in 1951. A few years later Villa Arion owned by TNO pension fund. The building was rebuilt, at the back additional office space was created. The porch on the canal side was equipped with windows. On the first floor kitchen was made. In 1965 the Agricultural University bought the building. It was furnished as an office. For years housed various organizations such as WSO, CAID, PSF and room desk. In 2012, Wageningen University and Research Center repelled the villa. This gave the new owners the chance to give a residential villa again. Many original features have been restored. Also, a plan designed to exploit the property in part. In the part that is put in 1965 by building a cooking studio is furnished. On the outside this part decorated and gets an industrial look. The style room on the left can be used for meetings and dinners. On the top floor will be a B & B, which shows the roof is good.
This post is also available in: Dutch